Tuesday 28 April 2015

Getting to know me

I like to think that I am the type of person that brings fun into the things I do. Whether that be something simple like playing netball with my team, or something complex like working through a global issue. The reason I try to do this is partially because of an inspiring teacher I had in primary school. She was the most passionate person I had ever met. Always enthusiastic about everything she taught, attracting everyone to her with her energy.

When she noticed that everyone had stopped paying attention in class, she'd do something to make us laugh and keep us focused. Sometimes she'd jump onto the tables and start singing her favourite song. The rest of the lesson was that much more fun, just because she'd keep reminding us about it. During sport lessons when we had gotten out of a game, and were waiting to go back in, she'd make us sing 'Stop In the Name of Love' by the Supremes. We even had actions we had to do. She taught me that anything can be fun.

By trying to make things fun you almost force yourself to consider things in different ways, opening yourself up to new opportunities and perspectives. Sometimes you can surprise yourself and by making that boring thing fun, you find out that you're actually pretty good at it.

This outlook on things inspired my life motto, "Just a sprinkle of fun and you'll move in leaps and bounds."

1 comment:

  1. On Monday night I graduated from Monash in the degree of Master in School Leadership. The learning never stops! Your blog has the potential to track your leadership journey Clarissa, I look forward to following your journey and learning from you.

    ReplyDelete